The water source is the Shirley McClellan Regional Water Line, which is sourced from the Red Deer River, treated at the Town of Stettler Water Treatment Plant, and distributed through the regional water line.
Water Consumption: flat metered rate of $4.50 per cubic meter ($0.02045 per gallon)
Water System Surcharge: All water service accounts are subject to a Municipal Surcharge. Residential Accounts pay an $11.00 monthly surcharge. Commercial/Industrial Accounts pay a $21.50 monthly surcharge.
Water Commission Surcharge: All water service accounts are subject to a Water Commission Surcharge of $6.25 per month.
Sewage treatment is provided by a lagoon consisting of 2 short and 1 long detention ponds.
|UTILITY CLASS||MONTHLY RATE|
|Dwellings, Mobile Homes, Churches, Garages, Small Commercial Establishments $12.00 Monthly Sewer Surcharge $6.00 Laundry, Drycleaners, Restaurants, Car Washes||$12.00|
|Hotel, Motel, Multi-Business||$97.50|
|15 Room Motel||$30.00|
|Motel with Dwelling||$105.00|
Industrial and commercial garbage is collected twice or three times weekly depending on the operation, while residential garbage is collected weekly.
Residential: $26.00 per month
1 Pickup per week: $26.00 per month
2 Pickups per week: $52.00 per month
3 pickups per week: $78.00 per month
WASTE TRANSFER STATIONS
WINTER HOURS: November to April
Tuesday & Thursday: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
SUMMER HOURS: May to October
Tuesday & Thursday: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Regulations for Waste Transfer Stations:
- No hazardous waste
- No burning barrels or residues
- No dead animals
- No motor oil, un-drained filters or cooking oil
- No pesticide containers – empty boxes only
- no deep freezes, air conditioners or refrigerators
- No batteries
- Only small amounts of asphalt shingles – trailer or pick-up load only
- No loads of dirt, waste, gravel, concrete or rocks, sewage, sludge or grain dust
- No jugs, containers or barrels with any substance in them
- Only half ton loads of wood and demolition materials – 4 feet long and under
- No pallets