Business & Events updates on changes of hours/services: https://www.consort.ca/business-events-updates/
Temporary closure of Emergency Department in Consort
What is novel Coronavirus (Covid-19)?
- Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses, some coronaviruses cause respiratory illness in people, ranging from common colds to severe pneumonias. Others cause illness in animals only.
- COVID-19 is a new strain of the virus that had not been previously been identified in humans
- The most common symptoms include: sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, shortness of breath, difficulty.
- About 80% of people recover from this disease without needing special treatment, those who are older or with other medical problems are more likely to develop serious illness.
- COVID-19 is spread mainly by coughing, sneezing or direct contact with a sick person or with the surfaces they have recently touched, it is not an airborne illness.
What should you do if you’re sick or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19?
- You must self-isolate and visit www.ahs.ca/covid and complete the online self-assessment tool to determine if you need testing, if you do not have access to internet call 811 and they can help you.
- If you are self-isolating, please notify the Village office so they can make arrangements for separate garbage pick-up.
- Call 911 if you are seriously ill and need immediate medical attention. Inform them you may have COVID-19.
How can I protect myself and family from COVID-19?
- Stay home, now is the time to avoid all non-essential outings.
- If you must leave your home, make sure you practice social distancing and keep 6 ft apart.
- Wash your hand often and well and avoid touching your face, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough and sneezes and avoid close contact from people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Wearing a non-medical mask has not been proven to protect you but may be helpful in protecting others around you.
During this difficult time, we encourage residents to try to stay connected to friends and family through phone calls and social media. Go for walks while maintaining social distancing. Check in with anyone who may be struggling and reach out for help if you are struggling yourself. You can Text COVID19Hope to 393939 for daily encouragement during pandemic.
Province of Alberta https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
Alberta Health Services https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16944.aspx